Happy Sunday! Just wanted to share really quick the circle skirt I made my princess 🙂
When my kids were infants, they preferred the Soothie pacifiers and the only pacifier holder I could find in the store for soothie’s was a big flower for my daughter and a blue penguin for my son. This time around I went looking for them for the new baby and couldn’t find any, but I did see pacifier holder with an elastic loop at you can use on most pacifiers. I decided I would make my own verses paying $6-$10 for one.
I went to Hobby Lobby and I bought 3 different ribbons and some elastic. I bought the “mitten clips” from Joann’s (these were actually for an ironing board, it came with 8 clips and was cheaper than buying the clips by themselves)
All I had to do was cut 19″ of ribbon, burn the cut edges, then loop the ribbon through the clip placed a pin to keep it in place. Then folded in the top edges in and added a small piece of elastic, pin that and sewed it closed. I sewed down the sides and across the bottom where the clip is at, the back up of the other side. Voila.
For Mother’s day my husband and kids got me a new Singer sewing machine (I sold my old one 2 years ago when we moved and regretted it ever since) The new one had been sitting in the “office room”, I couldn’t think of any projects to sew. But last week my mom approach me about choosing a theme I wanted for my baby shower. Right away I choose a Nautical theme and the ideas started flowing in my mind with things I could do for the baby shower & the nursery. My mom and sister-in-law are limiting the things I can participate in the baby shower planing, so that I can be somewhat surprised 🙂 (I’m allowed to ‘pin’ things on my pinterest board). But they did let me make the invitations and a banner. We are meeting next week to finish some minor details and I will post some pictures.
While watching Good Luck Charlie with my kids, I saw they had a chalkboard refrigerator. I instantly loved the idea and wanted one of my own.
Here is what my refrigerator looked like before:
Here is what is looks like now:
It was a time consuming project but I love it!! First we applied 3 thin coats of Rust-Oleum Magnetic Primer. We waited 4 hours after the last coat of primer, to apply 2 coats Rust-Oleum Chalk Board paint in black. (for the most part, we followed the instructions on the box) We also spray-painted the door handles a pearl white.
Then I waited 2 days before I “conditioned” it:
I have an old Ikea side table and didn’t seem to fit in anywhere. I decide to give it a fresh look so it could fit in with my Living Room Decor.
First I select the pattern I wanted to use, I cut it out and traced the pattern on the table.
After that was all done. I painted it with a small paint brush and sealed it with a High gloss spray paint.