Chevron Changing Pad & Wipe Case

20130706-151843.jpg

How cute is this!! Matching Pacifier Holder, Wipe Case & Changing Pad.

20130706-151328.jpg

Wipe Case:

The Wipe Case was very easy to figure out on my own.

Here ‘s what you need:

  • A wipe case
  • Fabric
  • Batting
  • Ribbon
  • Glue gun

First I traced & cut the Batting to the top of the wipe case. Then I traced the Fabric to the top of the wipe case and added some extra space (about 1″) to cover the sides. I hot glued the batting to the top and bottom of the wipe case, then I hot glued the Fabric to the batting, I added glue to the sides, 1 side at a time. Once it cooled I trimmed the edges and hot glued the ribbon to the sides.

IMG_1914

IMG_1916
1 wipe case, 2 cuts of batting. 2 cuts of fabric
IMG_1917
Sides trimmed, just need to add ribbon.
IMG_1918
Finished Product

Changing Pad:

Finished Changing Pad

Finished Changing Pad

With the new baby on the way, I’ve been doing a lot of shopping for cute baby products. A lot of things I see at the store, I think to myself, I could save a lot of money if I do it myself. So I turned to Pinterest for help. I found a tutorial that I liked for the Changing Pad on icandy handmade.

  • Cut Fabric to 44″L X 13″W (I used left over Chevron Fabric)
  • 1/2″ thick Batting cut to 22″L X 13″W .(My batting didn’t say how thick it was but I choose to double it for extra padding)
  • Iron-on Vinyl (Found a 2 yard roll at Hobby Lobby, I was able to use one whole piece. I cut it to 44″L X 13″W)
2yd Iron-on Vinyl

2 yd Iron-on Vinyl

Here is what the fabric looked like with the Vinyl:

IMG_1910

I folded the fabric in half right side together and place the batting on top and sewed around the edges (I didn’t pin the batting to the fabric cause I didn’t want any holes on the vinyl) I left an opening on the bottom, flipped it inside out and sewed the bottom closed.

IMG_1911

IMG_1912

Finished Changing Pad

Finished Changing Pad

There is a few things I would change, if I did this again. I didn’t like that the vinyl kinda stuck together when I was trying to flip it inside out and it got all wrinkly. I would have done two cuts of Fabric (22″L X 13″W), added the vinyl to both sides and sandwich the batting in-between the fabric, then I would have sewed around it once, trim the edges and added bias tape on the edges.

20130706-151250.jpg

Advertisements

Pacifier Holder

When my kids were infants, they preferred the Soothie pacifiers and the only pacifier holder I could find in the store for soothie’s was a big flower for my daughter and a blue penguin for my son. This time around I went looking for them for the new baby and couldn’t find any, but I did see pacifier holder with an elastic loop at you can use on most pacifiers. I decided I would make my own verses paying $6-$10 for one.

IMG_1907

9″ pacifier holders

I went to Hobby Lobby and I bought 3 different ribbons and some elastic. I bought the “mitten clips” from Joann’s (these were actually for an ironing board, it came with 8 clips and was cheaper than buying the clips by themselves)

IMG_1906 All I had to do was cut 19″ of ribbon, burn the cut edges, then loop the ribbon through the clip placed a pin to keep it in place. Then folded in the top edges in and added a small piece of elastic, pin that and sewed it closed. I sewed down the sides and across the bottom where the clip is at, the back up of the other side. Voila.

Car seat cover

Hello everyone!

Today I want to share with you the car seat cover I made for the baby.

20130630-173823.jpg

My car seat cover. (its sit on top of my gauze baby blanket I made)

It is reversible with a “peek-a-boo” front. I’ve seen many tutorials on Pinterest that show you how to make a plain one without the peek a boo. But I wanted to be able to check on the baby quickly without having to lift the cover.

IMG_1888Its was fairly easy to do. I started by measuring the length (from the front to the middle with the handle upright, then down the back) and width of the car seat,  I took into consideration the 1/2″ seams for the peek-a-boo and just added 1 inch to the width. My measurements were 36″W x 43″L. I  pinned both fabrics right side together, I used a large bowl to round out the corners, then I cut an 18″ slit up the middle and sewed it all together, I left an opening in the back to turn it inside out. IMG_1882

I did a straight stitch around it once more to close the open I had and to give it a polished look. I sewed on handles to the inside and outside of the cover with a heavy-duty needle (So it can be used on both sides) Then I hand sewed 2 hooks to be able to open and close the “peek-a-boo” slit. I can’t wait to be able to use it!! 🙂

 

Things I built bought and put together myself.

My husband was the one to always built things for me, but now that his overseas I’ve had to figure things out on my own. So here what I built put together myself.

This was my first baby project I built.

20120124-153210.jpg

Then I built my daughter’s scooter, kept my fingers crossed that it won’t fall apart on her.

20120124-153601.jpg

This weekend I built my desk. It was easy to put together the hard part was trying to flip it right side up.

20120124-154122.jpg

While I was busy building the desk, my angels kids were busy making a mess.

20120124-154253.jpg