- Boil Pasta add your favorite seasonings. I added Parsley, Crushed Black Pepper & Salt.
- While the Bow-tie cooks, Start cooking the sausage. I used Johnsonville mild Italian Sausage. I added the Limeade to the sausage to give it a sweet flavor. (I ended up slicing up the sausage because it wasn’t cooking the well for me )
- Then I sliced the Bell Peppers, placed them & the mushrooms in a medium pan. Added some butter, a garlic clove, salt, black pepper and some Limeade. I put a lid on the pan and let the vegetables absorb the flavors.
- Once the pasta is done drain it out and added the Eggplant & Parmesan sauce. Let the sauce heat up for a little bit.
- Then you can mix-in the vegetables & the sausage. Enjoy!
Happy Valentines day! Also know as the Day of Love & Friendship in Latin countries. I hope all your days are filled with Love & Happiness.
Yesterday while driving around my new town I got
a little lost confused and happened to find a small Carnival that came into town. I thought it would be a great way to start this weekend. So today I loaded up the kids and picked up my little sister and headed to the Carnival. We got on as many rides as we could, spent too much money on the games and had a million laughs. Hope you have a great weekend!
View from the top of the Ferris Wheel
Watch out world these kids are hitting the road.
The other day I was talking with my friend Kim about a Shrimp Cocktail and soon realized that my definition of a Shrimp Cocktail was different from hers. Here is what I think of when someone mention a Shrimp Cocktail:
- Shrimp ( I bought 3 packets for the already cook & peeled Shrimp, I feed 6 people and everyone have seconds 🙂 )
- 64fl oz Clamato- The Original
- 1/2 – 1 cup of Orange Juice- Pulp Free
- Limes (You can also you the bottled juice)
- 2 Cucumber
- 3 Avocados
- 1/4 small White Onion
- Cilantro (small amount, to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder 1 tablespoon
First You remove the tail off the shrimp, by squeezing softly on the tail and pulling. Once you have removed the tail from all the shrimps, Place them in a big pot and pour half of the Clamato juice in the pot and add the onions finely chopped. Place the pot in the refrigerator, if you have the space (It taste better chilled), while you chop up the cilantro, cucumbers & avocados.
Then add the chopped Cumber, Avocados and Cilantro to the pot. Add the Orange Juice, if it taste too much like OJ and a little more Clamato. Then stir in the Ketchup to thicken the broth, again to taste, if it’s too “Ketchupy” (I know thats not even a word) add a little more Clamato. Add Salt, Pepper & Garlic powder to taste. Stir well and serve with Crackers and you favorite salsa (I use tapatio). Enjoy!
I have an old Ikea side table and didn’t seem to fit in anywhere. I decide to give it a fresh look so it could fit in with my Living Room Decor.
First I select the pattern I wanted to use, I cut it out and traced the pattern on the table.
After that was all done. I painted it with a small paint brush and sealed it with a High gloss spray paint.
Tonight we had Sonoran Hot Dogs. If you’ve never tried them you don’t know what you’re missing. They are a twist to regular hot dogs. They are wrapped in bacon topped with bell peppers.
Here’s how to prepare them:
Red & Green Bill Peppers
Pan Bolillo (for the bun, my local store does not carry it so I used French Rolls, you can use a regular hot dog bun, but they will fall apart)
1) Wrap bacon around your favorite hot dog Franks
2) Cook over medium heat on a skillet. Make sure to turn them once beacon starts to brown.
3) Chop red bell peppers, green bell peppers and white onion. Sauté them in a little olive oil & 4tbs of butter season with salt & pepper (on medium high heat). Add a teaspoon of minced garlic.
4) When bell peppers starts to soften I removed it from the heat and add my favorite cooking ingredient 2 tablespoon of tequila. I cover the pan, so the veggies could absorb the flavors.
5) Slice the bread on top to fit the hot dog.
6) Top with sautéed veggies and Mexican Cream. You can add avocados, If you like.
7) Top it with ketchup, mustard and your favorite salsa. (I like mine with cheese 🙂 )Enjoy!!!