This weekend I made some Stuffed Portobello Mushroom with a slight kick. When I started to make them I did not intend for them to be made with Chorizo, it was a last minute change to my original plan, granted this was also my first time trying to make Stuffed Portobello and of course I didn’t have a recipe to follow, I figured how hard can it be (Well a little complicated when you don’t know what your doing, lol 😉 ). I had a leftover sausage link from the bow tie pasta, that I didn’t want to go to waste. I bought 3 portobello mushroom and tried to create Sausage Stuffed Portobello’s, I soon found out that One sausage link was not enough to stuff the mushrooms, so I
panic figured why not use Chorizo. It turned out Very Delicious!!!! I bragged to my mom about my new discovery.
Here is what you need:
- Portobello Mushroom
- A Sausage Link
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Minced Garlic
- Onion (Chopped)
- Olive Oil
Preheat Oven to 350
- Line a cookie sheet with foil paper
- Carefully wash Mushroom and remove the stem (Chop the stem and save it for later)
- Pat mushroom dry with paper towel, then rub a little olive oil in the top of the mushroom
- Then I removed the Sausage casing (outer film) by slitting it and squeezing it out onto a pan , then I added the onions & garlic.
- Then I added the Chorizo.
- While that cooked I shredded the Pepper Jack Cheese.
- Once the meat finished cooking, I drained out the grease and let it cool on a plate that I lined with two paper towels.
- Once it was cooled, I mixed the meat and the Cheese together and stuffed it in the mushroom caps
I baked it at 350 for 20 minutes. Once done let it cool off and sprinkle some queso fresco on top. Enjoy!!!