Chevron Changing Pad & Wipe Case

20130706-151843.jpg

How cute is this!! Matching Pacifier Holder, Wipe Case & Changing Pad.

20130706-151328.jpg

Wipe Case:

The Wipe Case was very easy to figure out on my own.

Here ‘s what you need:

  • A wipe case
  • Fabric
  • Batting
  • Ribbon
  • Glue gun

First I traced & cut the Batting to the top of the wipe case. Then I traced the Fabric to the top of the wipe case and added some extra space (about 1″) to cover the sides. I hot glued the batting to the top and bottom of the wipe case, then I hot glued the Fabric to the batting, I added glue to the sides, 1 side at a time. Once it cooled I trimmed the edges and hot glued the ribbon to the sides.

IMG_1914

IMG_1916
1 wipe case, 2 cuts of batting. 2 cuts of fabric
IMG_1917
Sides trimmed, just need to add ribbon.
IMG_1918
Finished Product

Changing Pad:

Finished Changing Pad

Finished Changing Pad

With the new baby on the way, I’ve been doing a lot of shopping for cute baby products. A lot of things I see at the store, I think to myself, I could save a lot of money if I do it myself. So I turned to Pinterest for help. I found a tutorial that I liked for the Changing Pad on icandy handmade.

  • Cut Fabric to 44″L X 13″W (I used left over Chevron Fabric)
  • 1/2″ thick Batting cut to 22″L X 13″W .(My batting didn’t say how thick it was but I choose to double it for extra padding)
  • Iron-on Vinyl (Found a 2 yard roll at Hobby Lobby, I was able to use one whole piece. I cut it to 44″L X 13″W)
2yd Iron-on Vinyl

2 yd Iron-on Vinyl

Here is what the fabric looked like with the Vinyl:

IMG_1910

I folded the fabric in half right side together and place the batting on top and sewed around the edges (I didn’t pin the batting to the fabric cause I didn’t want any holes on the vinyl) I left an opening on the bottom, flipped it inside out and sewed the bottom closed.

IMG_1911

IMG_1912

Finished Changing Pad

Finished Changing Pad

There is a few things I would change, if I did this again. I didn’t like that the vinyl kinda stuck together when I was trying to flip it inside out and it got all wrinkly. I would have done two cuts of Fabric (22″L X 13″W), added the vinyl to both sides and sandwich the batting in-between the fabric, then I would have sewed around it once, trim the edges and added bias tape on the edges.

20130706-151250.jpg

Feeling crafty

For Mother’s day my husband and kids got me a new Singer sewing machine (I sold my old one 2 years ago when we moved and regretted it ever since) The new one had been sitting in the “office room”, I couldn’t think of any projects to sew. But last week my mom approach me about choosing a theme I wanted for my baby shower.  Right away I choose a Nautical theme and the ideas started flowing in my mind with things I could do for the baby shower & the nursery. My mom and sister-in-law are limiting the things I can participate in the baby shower planing, so that I can be somewhat surprised 🙂 (I’m allowed to ‘pin’ things on my pinterest board). But they did let me make the invitations and a banner. We are meeting next week to finish some minor details and I will post some pictures.

Image

My new sewing machine. (working on the banner)

Image

Front of invitation

Image

Inside of invitation