The other day I was talking with my friend Kim about a Shrimp Cocktail and soon realized that my definition of a Shrimp Cocktail was different from hers. Here is what I think of when someone mention a Shrimp Cocktail:
- Shrimp ( I bought 3 packets for the already cook & peeled Shrimp, I feed 6 people and everyone have seconds )
- 64fl oz Clamato- The Original
- 1/2 – 1 cup of Orange Juice- Pulp Free
- Limes (You can also you the bottled juice)
- 2 Cucumber
- 3 Avocados
- 1/4 small White Onion
- Cilantro (small amount, to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder 1 tablespoon
First You remove the tail off the shrimp, by squeezing softly on the tail and pulling. Once you have removed the tail from all the shrimps, Place them in a big pot and pour half of the Clamato juice in the pot and add the onions finely chopped. Place the pot in the refrigerator, if you have the space (It taste better chilled), while you chop up the cilantro, cucumbers & avocados.
Then add the chopped Cumber, Avocados and Cilantro to the pot. Add the Orange Juice, if it taste too much like OJ and a little more Clamato. Then stir in the Ketchup to thicken the broth, again to taste, if it’s too “Ketchupy” (I know thats not even a word) add a little more Clamato. Add Salt, Pepper & Garlic powder to taste. Stir well and serve with Crackers and you favorite salsa (I use tapatio). Enjoy!